- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped
- 350 minced mushrooms (king oyster f.i.)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup plant milk (I used unsweetened soya milk)
- 1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups veggie broth, divided
- 1 red chili (medium heat) thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 bay leave
- chopped parsley and basil for garnish
- salt, black pepper
- pre-cooked lasagna sheets
- Pulse onion, carrot, and celery in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Do the same with mushrooms and cauliflower – separately.
- Heat a non-sticking large pan and add mushrooms and cook them on medium-high till golden brown, stir occasionally (ca. 5 min)
- Add minced celery, onions and carrots let it cook till onion is soft and translucent (another 5-7 min)
- Add garlic, chili and rosemary – same procedure for about 3 min
- Add cauliflower, stir, cook till cauliflower is fragrant and begins to stick to the bottom
- Add white wine, cook till evaporated (about 3-5 min)
- Add broth, milk, bay leave and tomatoes – bring it to boil
- Reduce to medium heat, let it simmer for about 40-50 min
- Remove bay leave, add salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk, plus more if needed
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- pinch of nutmeg, freshly grounded
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt, as needed
- Mix cornstarch into cold plant milk, stir well with a whisk.
- Add salt, nutritional yeast and nutmeg to the liquid and bring to boil, stir with a whisk frequently to avoid sticking and burning, reduce heat and after thickened, set aside
- 2 cups potatoes (360 g), peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots (135 g), peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (35 g)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (70 g)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Boil or steam the potatoes and carrots for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain them and add them to a blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Layer the ingredients in a suitable oven pan – start with bechamel.
- Last layer should be „Mozarella“ sauce. I also added some of my homemade cashew parmesan which I still had in my fridge.
- Bake for about 30 min till golden brown.
- Remove from oven, set aside for 5-7 min.
- Cut into pieces and garnish with fresh parsley and basil (I added chili flakes as well)