Thought about posting this because it’s the time of the year and you might need an addition for your Easter dinner!
Usually I don’t like white asparagus that much but the recipe by Elle Republic totally convinced me. It’s without any milky ingredient but a cashew base which seemed to be interesting to try out.
I just translated the recipe for you below and did some tiny modifications to make it OMS friendly.
Original recipe by Elle Republic (linked above)
- 65 g raw cashews soaked for at least 2h, rinse carefully afterwards
- 2tbsp EVOO
- 1 kg white asparagus
- 1 small (yellow) onion, diced
- 2-3 gloves of garlic, mashed
- 1 tbsp dill
- 500ml veggie broth
- sea salt + freshly grounded black pepper to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- optional toppings: chives, roasted asparagus tips, capers, tahini
- preheat oven to 180°C
- Transfer asparagus pieces to a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp and salt, mix well
- Roast asparagus for about 30min
- Meanwhile sauté onion until softened (about 6-8min), add garlic and sauté for another minute
- Add asparagus, dill and veggie broth and bring to simmer.
- Incorporate soaked cashews
- Blend till creamy
- Serve with preferred toppings