I had a couple of leftover veggies from the hummus platter and some pantry ingredients for a quick and hearty salad that turned out so well that I just needed to post the recipe: the base is roasted fennel, lentils and baby spinach.
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 200g fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup dried (preferably fresh) raspberries
- 1/2 cup pickled onions
- 1/2 cup tahin
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt, black pepper, cashew parmesan, chili flakes to taste
TIP: If I’d had it at home I’d have been adding either fresh or caramelized / roasted pear strips.
Walnuts and pecans work super well instead of brazils but I don’t like the taste that much.
- roast fennel slices together with roughly grounded black pepper corns, some sprinkles of salt and chili flakes in a non-sticking pan on medium heat for about 10 min
- If it’s fragrant and golden, deglaze with white wine until evaporated
- Meanwhile prepare dressing: mix lime juice, tahin, EVOO and black pepper well together
- Add everything to a salad bowl, mix well, add salt, pepper, chili flakes if necessary and sprinkle with nuts and parmesan